Homall has been making the rounds on a lot of technology sites recently. Billed as an “affordable but high quality” alternative to established chair brands such as DXRacer, in this article we take a deep dive into the Homall brand, and in particular, their most popular budget chair, the Homall Racing Style Gaming Chair. With over 1,700 reviews on Amazon and an impressive ⅘ stars rating, how does this chair stack up against the competition?
A Few Important Facts About Homall
- They’re a manufacturer specializing in the production of affordable gaming chairs.
- They were established in 2012.
- Their products comply with international quality standards.
A look at the Homall Racing Style Gaming Chair
Even though this is an ultra budget gaming chair, I wouldn’t class it as cheap simply because it has many useful features usually found in much more expensive chairs. This racing style swivel chair in PU leather with removable headrest as well as lumbar support puts the chair in the cutting edge as far as style and ergonomics.
The chair comfortably conforms to the shape of your body so that you’re constantly comfy and you feel as though your entire body and back is well supported. In other words, you’ll find that as you’re moving around in the chair, it moves with you as it detects pressure on it. You also get support from the lumbar support pillow which tones in well with the color you’ve chosen – the racing blue, black or white colour.
Some of the other features of the chair:
- Costs less than $100, making it one of the true high-quality budget products around.
- Dimension in inches for back – 22.5 x 30.5 (L x W)
- Dimension in inches for seat – 19.8 x 20.5 (L x W)
- The chair’s back and the seat is made from 1.8-mm-thick steel.
- Its ergonomic design provides extra support to your spine. Adjustable lumbar support and headrest cushions ensure the chair is orthopedically and ergonomically designed. A chair like this is designed to eliminate muscle aches and pains and combat general fatigue.
- The chair is height adjustable – 17.3-21.5”
- Fully reclinable to 150°
- Can support weights up to 300lbs.
- A gas-lift gaming chair with a lever to grip and lock your chair at a certain height.
- 360° swivel.
- The chair’s base has 5 casters for additional stability. The casters are rubber too so that they roll quietly. They have actually been tested by 1000 miles rolling.
- Warranty Policy – Homall offers a free exchange within 1 year if you experience installation problems. They will also refund your money within 1 month if you don’t like the chair.
- An attractive, trendy design.
- The chair is easy to assemble. I took about 25 minutes to put it together. It comes with the right tools for assembling it as well as a comprehensive user guide.
- Tough, breathable PU leather.
- Stable, quiet caster wheels.
- Good padding with the chair to ensure hours of comfort.
- Robust metal frame to support weights up to 300 lbs.
Not so Good:
- The armrests aren’t adjustable – pity because with gaming your arms are making a lot of rapid movements.
What Others Are Saying About the Homall Budget Gaming Chair
MrDudeguy in his Homall video review says the chair matches DXRacer chairs in many ways for a LOT less, while Ergo Trends includes the Homall chair in their acclaimed list of the best gaming chairs below $100. On Amazon, the Homall chair has close to a ⅘ perfect rating.
Homall is a reliable brand with numerous best selling products on Amazon, so I don’t see it going anywhere in the near future. It’s still hard to believe the Homall gaming chair costs less than $100, with all the features and high level of adjustability. You’re certainly onto a winner with this one because you’ll be able to spend long stretches in it, but not only that, with feature after feature, you’ll discover that this chair is full of positive surprises.