Remix OS is a custom operating system built on Android which can be installed on a desktop computer as a secondary operating system, or primary if u prefer. In simple words, a desktop version of Android. Some people confuse it with an emulator like droid4x, but it is a full operating system. As I said to build upon Android it provides all functionality of an Android device like a smartphone or tablet in a PC environment adding keyboard, mouse support. The remarkable feature of this custom OS is the addition of windows on the Android platform, yes windows just like Microsoft Windows windows. You can get access to Play Store and experience all the apps of Android on desktop along with other Android features. In this post, we’ll review the package and also provide Remix OS Download links, both direct and torrent.
Remix OS Download Links
Download from TORRENT
Download from TORRENT
Remix OS System Requirements & Benchmarks
Remix OS is very lightweight, which means you can run it on a 10-year-old CPU, it will still not disappoint you. Some benchmarks show that it gives more performance than Chromium, Google made OS for Chromebooks.
The recommended system requirements for Remix OS are as follows:
- 2 GHz dual-core processor or better
- 2 GB system memory
- Minimum 8 GB of free hard drive space
- Internet access is helpful
Remix OS Features
- Multi Re-sizeable windows
- The lightweight OS with USB Boot
- File Manager
- Android Marshmallow
- Android gaming on a large screen
- 2 Million+ Playstore application
How to install Remix OS on PC
- Download the .zip file package from Remix OS download links provided above. It contains both installation tools and the installation files.
- Install the installation tool and just follow the steps, they are self-explanatory.
- Select the location for installation, your hard drive partition or USB drive. It will be formatted so make sure to take the backup.
- Boot to the OS by restarting the Windows, use your hotkeys for BIOS boot options, and select the OS installation media from the list.
Remix OS is a great idea of bringing the mobile Android version to the desktop but still needs more shining as it lacks many features of a desktop OS like Windows. It may be useful in special circumstances and for having fun but as I focused on the first paragraph about installing it as the secondary OS is the best option. It may be best for having an OS backed in a USB and can be accessed anywhere at a friend’s computer or office. Another best use will be reviving an old computer that cannot run the latest windows with this fluid and lightweight OS.